To be honest I had something else in mind for today’s Sunday Series post. But PAPA has another! Such is often the case and one reason women need to be flexible. Especially women of faith who are in the marketplace in some capacity! We need to change course at a moment’s notice to align our actions with His designated course! Thus the focus on SUCCESS and what it is.
Let me say this first – SUCCESS is NOT the absence of failure! At it’s best, SUCCESS is overcoming failure. At the least, SUCCESS is rising from the ashes of challenges that might defeat others – but not a woman whose faith is rooted in the Lord!
For the Lord is the epitome of SUCCESS! Considering he died a horrible death mainly reserved for criminals and laid to rest in a borrowed tomb; one might consider Him anything but a success!
That’s because us humans look at SUCCESS in an entirely different way. We look at it as not falling down in order to rise again! We look at it materialistically. PAPA looks at it spiritually – and what will be successful in the long run!
A few years ago, I asked the following question of a small group of women in business. “In 3 to 5 sentences; define what SUCCESS means to you!” One woman hung her head and muttered, “I knew you were going to ask that.” It seems she had no idea what success meant to her personally!
“How will you know it when it arrives?,” I responded. Indeed how will any of us know if we can’t definitively say what SUCCESS will look like when it arrives!
God’s Perspective Not the Same As Ours!
Years ago, I failed to accomplish something personally important. I lamented the same in prayer, only to hear the following words impressed on my mind – “You failed (pause) to succeed!”
I knew what PAPA God meant. My failure was destined to accomplish a successful outcome; the outcome He wanted. Similarly I might add the same to the plight of the Lord when He “failed” to survive the destruction destined for Him. Only to succeed in the overarching mission for which He was destined!
SUCCESS is not the absence of failure. It is the rising up; learning from the circumstances – and going at it again. Success is in the rising up. For in the rising up – over and over again, we will eventually arrive at the destiny for which we’re designed!
And that is SUCCESS!
A Litany of What We Learn. . .
Those of us who love the Lord and have come into a personal relationship with Him must come to understand that failure is part of the process we call SUCCESS! For failure is designed to accomplish much of the following; and more!
- Discovery – failure will help us discover our destiny and purpose. That is, when we . . .
- Persevere – when we get up and go at it again because we know in our core that what we are doing is His design – not ours,
- Determination – a steadfast consistent rising from what some might call defeat to take the next step in the process,
- Patience – learning to hold fast when others would give up and move on to other things,
- Commitment – a holding on for no other reason than we trust God and His course of action for our lives,
- Dedication – first to the Lord; then to the destiny He lays before us,
- Humility – failure “softens” us for success. Having tasted the tears of defeat; we savor the scent of success knowing that it has come at a great price and at the direction of Him Who is larger than Life,
- Knowledge & Wisdom – we ‘capitalize’ on failure in order to succeed. We learn the lessons intended and put them to use on the trail to an ultimate outcome that is much more than we ever dreamed possible,
- Hope – while it is not a strategy, it is the core of an abiding, and growing trust in Papa God as each defeat leads to the strength to rise again,
- Amazement – nothing is more exhilarating that when we look up from the ash heap to find that it is made of gold. That the value is in it’s meaning. Successful women never lose a sense of amazement at what Papa God does with every minute detail of our lives!
Scripture tells us that we make our plans, but the Lord alters our steps. Some of those steps we will perceive as “missteps”. Steps that must not have been part of His plan. And yet, they may well be. For success comes when we’ve learned to flow flexibly with every aspect of the journey – be it a mountain top or a dark valley.
So today – if you are searching for SUCCESS and reach out to it from the pit; know that the pit is there as your friend – not the enemy. Use what you find there as you rise up, determined to go at it again! Be grateful that the stamina which strengthens you is a gift only God can give you – a woman determined to find SUCCESS, for it is your design and destiny!
Linda S. Fitzgerald, Visionary Partner
Champion of Ordinarily Extraordinary Women of the World
A Women’s Place Network, Inc. dba
Affiliated Women International
Neighborhood Boutiques-OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Empowering Women to Thrive
JOIN US HERE:
The Neighborhood at Facebook
Neighborhood Boutiques at Facebook
Images: Success Quotes from MKalty.com