Sometimes a full post just doesn’t come to mind. When that happens, I ask myself several questions: “Do I not post anything? Do I just rattle off something with little to no substance simply to keep a running stream of content?”
The answer I’ve come up with is “No” to both questions. I can at least share a thought or two that may bring enlightenment to someone looking for the light during a dark period in life. I can pen something that lifts up the down and out. Or I could just share a simple phrase – or two – that strikes a chord or comes as a bolt of lightening.
So here’s some thoughts for Thursday, October 9, 2014:
1. Life comes in waves. Some of them are gentle and rolling. They delight us with the rhythm of an ebb and flow that tickles our toes and wets the souls of our heart.
Others come as a torrent. Raining down a flood of beastly destruction that leaves us reeling. We run for cover only to bear a backlash from the power of something well out of our control.
2. No matter how it comes; we have a choice in our response to either scenario. We can roll up in a ball and retreat to higher ground; determined never to walk the sands of time again for fear of what will come our way.
3. To rise up and shake off is to take courage by the hand and invite it to walk with us as we venture once again upon soft sands that have left nothing but a squishy path to cushion our way.
4. Whatever life has handed you today – in this season of your lives – make a choice. Make it carefully, wisely and after much reflection. Don’t rush out to correct mistakes or jump up from failure. Let waves of understanding leave their mark upon you. Cry if you must; grieve if tears give way to grief. Most of all – rest. Rest from your labors. Rest from the water that beat you down. Rest from the struggles from which you feel there is no escape.
5. Finally, give over – never up! Give over and rise up. Slowly if you must. But rise up – with a renewed sense of purpose, desire and determination.
6. In any life situation; make courage your companion. There’s an energy in courage that no torrential rain nor soaring wall of water can quell.
Courage is fire in the belly and hope in the heart. Courage is fuel that drives the engines of motivation and inspiration. Courage is the antidote to any and every wave that rolls upon the sands of our lives.
Today, Thursday, October 9, 2014 – grab the hand of courage and head out to walk on the sands of your life knowing that with such a comrade by your side; you cannot – and will not – fail!
Linda S. Fitzgerald, Visionary Partner
Champion of Ordinarily Extraordinary Women of the World
A Women’s Place Network, Inc. dba
Affiliated Women International
Neighborhood Boutiques-OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Empowering Women to Thrive
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2382941337/pjm5n494765lxfks49h7_400x400.jpeg[/author_image] [author_info]My passion is to see women become all they are designed to be – personally and professionally. I write, teach, mentor and coach with that passion in mind. As an author and prolific blogger, I reach out to women in all walks of life, especially women of faith to empower and equip them for greatness. [/author_info] [/author]