This time last Friday I was en route “back home again in Indiana” after a few days out visiting my daughter and family. I was thrilled to finally meet my new great-grandson, Brayden, and enjoyed much quality time getting to know that precious little fella!
It had been two years since I’d seen my oldest daughter along with her son and daughter, now 25 and 22 respectively. I made some very interesting observations, especially about Laurie and Brooke…something that touched me deeply, in fact…and resonates completely with the topic of this series – developing a confidence that is B.O.L.D.
Both of them are strong, independent women. My daughter, having amassed 22 years more in life experience than her daughter, clearly exemplifies a woman who has risen above the fray, despite many challenges and is now living her dream. And this mother couldn’t be more proud, as I know how hard she’s worked to reach those high goals.
And then there’s my granddaughter…talk about a young woman who exudes BOLD confidence and knows what she wants and is going after it with gusto! So, permit me if you will, to be a very proud grandmother as well. It did my heart good to know that perhaps I’ve had a bit of influence in their lives. After all, my mission to equip and empower women to live their full potential and fulfill their destinies. It should start in my own family!
This got me thinking about just what the characteristics are of the Woman of B.O.L.D. Confidence…so here’s at least the beginning of my list:
- She has learned what it means to create B.O.L.D. Confidence by “Binding Out Lies Daily” and takes that a step further by also “Breaking Old Ties”. (By the way, if you’re not familiar with what that entails, please check out the archived blog from June 12th for full disclosure.)
- She is learning who she really is and walking out that new sense of identity in productive ways.
- She is committed to living a life, both personally and professionally, that is one of excellence not merely “success” as many would define it.
- She has effectively put the past behind her, choosing to focus on how she can make the most of her present situation and has put a strategic action plan in place to assure a bright future.
- She refuses to fall prey to naysayers or those that would seek to sabotage her success and, instead, focuses on the positive aspects of her life and business; there is no room for fear or doubt in her mind.
- She is honest and open about her need (and desire) for support from others in her pursuit of building her micro-business.
- She enjoys being a part of a vibrant Community of empowered micro-business women owners who are equally committed to provide a platform of mentorship, resulting in significant growth for her.
- She passes on her B.O.L.D. Confidence to other women with gratitude!
That’s a good start…and there will be many more! Right now I’m thinking of more examples of specific women who are a part of our NEIGHBORHOOD BOUTIQUES online community as well as our COFFEE in the NEIGHBORHOOD face-to-face groups who are learning to live with B.O.L.D. Confidence. That is so very rewarding!
As you’ve read the list above I ask that you consider where you fit…and let me know how we can support you in your quest for more B.O.L.D. Confidence!
Jana B. Denninger,
Neighborhood Development Partner
Neighborhood Boutiques – OPEN for YOUR Business
COFFEE in the NEIGHBORHOOD
Well Women LLC
Image Sources: news.priyo.com; chiworld.tumblr.com
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://affiliatedwomeninternational.com//wp-content/uploads/2014/04/jana-photo.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]I am a woman on a mission to be a world changer – one relationship at a time. I want to encourage, empower and equip others to live a life of balance and excellence whether it be physical, emotional, spiritual, financial, environmental or relational. Connect with me so together we can map a plan that works for you![/author_info] [/author]