If you’ve been following my Friday blogs on NEIGHBORHOOD BOUTIQUES, then you’re aware that it’s been a series on the topic of TIME. I began the series on the first Friday in January and now find myself (ever so quickly) at the last Friday in February…so when I say “Tempus Fugit “, it surely does!
I’d like to give a brief recap, just in case you happened to have missed a few posts, so here goes.
- Time is a precious, rare commodity…use it wisely.
- No one feels that they ever have enough time to accomplish what needs to be done in any given day. The key is learning how to maximize that time in order to be the most productive so at the end of the day you can rest assured, with confidence, that you’ve done your very best .
- Harness the power of planning. The most successful women in business that I know, have a specific plan of action for their day. They already have it written down on paper or, more than likely, in their computer what they intend to accomplish for that day. Then at the end of each day, they evaluate their progress and prepare the next day…it really works!
- Learn to eliminate those pesky time-wasters (like constantly checking emails, texting incessantly, allowing co-workers and others to invade your work space without boundaries, etc.) . You’ll be amazed just how much MORE time you have when you discipline yourself.
- For those that this issue pertains to…admit you have a problem with procrastination (the destroyer of effective time management…as well as a healthy, balanced lifestyle) and take serious action steps to change…one day at a time!
- Invest in good time management tools…investigate what works best for your particular situation and use them daily. I suggest the Franklin-Covey system along with ASANA and Insightly for maximize productivity.
- Take time for what’s most important in your life (your personal health, your faith walk, your mental health… along with family, friends, work, hobbies)…to create your WELL life. In other words, PRIORITIZE! As Stephen Covey says, “First Things First”.
- Learn to LEVERAGE your time! There are many ways to do that as a woman in business. A great way to do just that is to develop a referral team. The most successful entrepreneurs build rapport and relationship with others who support each other through word-of-mouth referral. People really DO do business…and refer others…to those they “know, like and trust”!
I’m SO pleased to have the privilege through Affiliated Women Int’l. to be the Neighborhood Development Partner with my primary responsibility of expanding our reach via COFFEE in the NEIGHBORHOOD gatherings. What a great way to leverage your time by meeting with other like-minded business women…and women of faith in the Marketplace.
Another great way to create leverage is by becoming a NEIGHBORHOOD BOUTIQUES member-owner. What an awesome way to get the word out across all social media platforms about who you are and what you provide in your business. It could very well be THE thing that propels you in 2015!
With that said, this series on “It’s About Time” comes to a close. SPRING is coming…it really is.. and I’m excited about the opportunities we have to share more about focusing on the future.
All the best,
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://affiliatedwomeninternational.com//wp-content/uploads/2014/04/jana-photo.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]I am a woman on a mission to be a world changer – one relationship at a time. I want to encourage, empower and equip others to live a life of balance and excellence whether it be physical, emotional, spiritual, financial, environmental or relational. Connect with me so together we can map a plan that works for you![/author_info] [/author]